This easy handmade soothing winter hand scrub is like a facial… but for your hands. A handcial? Can we make that a thing? Regardless of what you call it, it’s going to be SO appreciated by those for whom you make it and gift it. It’s infused with luscious lavender essential oil for a blissful mini-spa experience that supports healthy skin. In true Making Lemonade style, it takes under 5 minutes to make and if you probably already have the base ingredients in your home. The ingredients are mixed in a bag so even the kids can do this (hellllo, teacher gifts or kid’s gift making idea for a large group!) Plus, your hands? There’s going to feel like BUTTAH. I used it a few hours ago and my skin is still glowing.
Soothing Winter Hand Scrub
note: this makes TWO 4 oz. sized scrubs
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of white sugar
- 1/3 cup of grapeseed oil (or olive oil, coconut oil, or Young Living’s V6 oil– all are great choices for skincare)
- 10 drops Young Living lavender oil (optional: add a few drops of Rose or Frankincense oils, both support healthy skin)
- Quart sized ziploc bag
- Mini-Mason Jars
- optional: fabric for top of mason jar, baker’s twine and gift tags for adornment
1. Add the sugars to the Ziploc bag. Add in the grapeseed and essential oil.
2. Knead bag until everything is mixed. Kids LOVE doing this!
3. Pack into mini-mason jars. Place metal circle from the lid on top of jar, cover with a circle of fabric cut larger than the size of the metal circle, and then screw the ring over it all. Add ribbon or baker’s twine and a gift tag.
4. You can add on a wooden spoon to use to apply it to hands, but be sure to let people know you can’t eat the scrub. Actually, you CAN eat the scrub because it’s made with pantry items (um, try THAT with Bath & Body Works scrubs… actually don’t, that would be terrible) but I don’t recommend it because it won’t taste super awesome. 😉 But isn’t it great to know the scrub is so safe you could literally eat it?
How to use the scrub:
Rub onto dry hands and massage gently onto skin. Take your time with this and enjoy the few minutes of ‘me’ time. Then rinse off and pat hands dry. Don’t your hands feel AMAZING?! So smooth and refreshed!
You are going to LOVE these other essential oil infused handmade holiday ideas from a few creative friends! Be sure to click around and check out these awesome DIY gifts, recipes, and deliciously scented holiday decor:
PS- we’re having a rocking Handmade Holidays party over on Facebook at 9PM EST on Thursday, December 1st where we’ll share all these ideas in a fun ‘live’ event! It’s REALLY fun to watch it unfold and comment and blog hop around with everyone else. See you there!
One more thing… this ‘Cyber Monday’ special went gangbusters so I’m extending it through MIDNIGHT on December 2nd) if you want to get your hands on the best essential oils on the planet at incredible savings! Get all the deets on the kit and freebies here.
‘CYBER MONDAY’ SPECIAL IS EXTENDED THROUGH MIDNIGHT ON DECEMBER 2ND!
So tell the truth… are you going to make the soothing winter hand scrub for yourself or give it away? Or maybe a little of both? 😉