Fire pits. Ice chests. Vertical gardens, drink carts, and soothing fountains. Sure, you can buy these items for beaucoup bucks but why spend the money when you can make them yourself for a fraction of the cost? We love to find clever ways to hack ordinary objects to turn them into outdoor living pieces; usually the effort expended is minimal compared to how much we enjoy it! In the past few years, our favorites have been the vertical trellis garden and the string lights on our deck— seriously so easy and yet provides an immense amount of joy. We’ve rounded up our favorite outdoor DIY projects and outdoor living hacks for you to tackle and enjoy this summer; which one is your favorite?
1. Paver Patio and Fire Pit | Unexpected Elegance
2. Fire Bowl Converted into a Flower Container | Duke Manor Farm
3. DIY Garden Waterfall | Cottage at the Crossroads
4. DIY Covered Patio | Kenarry
5. $20 Outdoor Patio Bench | Pink When
6. Tabletop Fire Pit Bowls | Diva of DIY
7. DIY Patio Tabletop Succulent Garden | Mom Endeavors
8. Pallet Plant Hanger | Nellie Bellie
9. Repurposed Beverage Cart Into a Garden Cart | About a Mom
10. DIY Deck Sectional | Sweet Tea and Saving Grace
11. Easy Backyard Fire Pit | Kleinworth & Co.
12. DIY Bar Cart | Designer Trapped in a Lawyer’s Body
13. Vintage Washing Machine Cooler | Miss Information
14. DIY Deck Hanging Pot Rod | Sweet Tea and Saving Grace
15. Changing Table Turned Garden Cart | Marty’s Musings
16. Sunburst Deck Railing | Marty’s Musings
17. DIY Grill Cart | C.R.A.F.T.
18. DIY Concrete Beverage Cooler | Dwelling in Happiness
19. DIY Cooler Stand | Birds and Soap
20. DIY Hanging Rain Gutter Planters | Make It Love It
21. Tapered Cedar Planters | The House of Wood
22. DIY Backyard Pond and Landscape Water Feature | Oh My! Creative
23. Cedar Planter Box with Hidden Hose Storage | The Kim Six Fix
24. DIY Outdoor Marquee Letter | Dolen Diaries
25. DIY Vertical Planter | Grace and Good Eats
Plus a few popular Making Lemonade outdoor DIYs to share:
How to hang string lights (even if you don’t have a wall to support them)
How to create a vertical garden (the easy way!)
I can feel the summer breezes (and hear the snap and crackle of that fire pit!) already. Which projects are you going to tackle this summer?
This post is sponsored by my Young Living business! Check out my essential oils page for more information on how you can get these amazing oils in your hands too along with helpful freebies, a gift from me, and tons of support: