If your home is anything like mine, the refrigerator is covered in notes, reminders, coupons, and, of course, beautiful child-created artwork. While I love displaying everything, sometimes there is just no more space. To give each child her own special spot on the fridge for displaying artwork, I created “Look What I Made” Magnet Clips.
Each child gets a clip and can rotate what’s being displayed. The best part? Each child can help create her own! Be sure to supervise closely if small buttons or accessories are part of the decorating options.
“Look What I Made” Clip Magnets for Kids Supplies:
- Wooden clothespins (must be spring-loaded)
- Small Magnets or Magnetic Strips
- Decorations (such as felt cut-outs, buttons, paint, permanent markers, etc.)
1. Stick 3-4 magnets to one side of a clothespin. Remember, your little one’s painting and collages can be heavy!
2. Glue on felt cut-outs, buttons, googly-eyes, or pieces of ribbon to the opposite side of the clothespin.
3. Let the clothespins dry thoroughly. Hang on the refrigerator where they can be used to display each child’s artwork. Make some of your own for recipe cards or reminders!
Variation #1: If you would like to paint the clothespins (we opted not to), paint them with acrylic paint and allow them to dry thoroughly before putting the magnets on.
Variation #2: If you want a designated clip for each family member, write names on the front of the clips using a permanent marker before gluing on any decorations.
About the Author: Brandi Jordan is Chief Mama at MamaTeaches.com. When she’s not homeschooling her three kids, she can be found writing, reading, crafting, and drinking way too much coffee. Join her on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and, of course, MamaTeaches.