Sometimes when I share the name of my blog people are confused. They’re like, ‘you have a blog about lemonade recipes?’ Which would make sense, but in 5+ years of blogging, would you believe I’ve only posted one actual lemonade recipe? Despite the metaphorical name, I’m kinda obsessed with lemonade so I’m kicking off the party with a special dessert– Marci from Vegging at the Shore is here sharing her delicious lemonade strawberry cheesecake bar recipe!
Cheesecake is a wonderful thing and not just because it’s delicious. It’s versatile. It is always a crowd-pleaser whether you are bringing it for dessert to a dinner party or swith brunch. Mother’s day is coming up and this cheesecake would make a perfect addition to your menu. A delightful spring flavor combination is lemon and strawberry. Whether you make this into squares or as a whole cheesecake it is sure to please, and it’s easy to make too.
- 9 sheets of graham crackers
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 8oz packages cream cheese
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- juice of 2 lemons
- 6 teaspoons strawberry jam
- ¼ cup sliced strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray or grease a 9-inch baking pan. Process graham crackers in a food processor until crumbs form. Add melted butter and pulse until coarse meal forms. Press firmly onto bottom of pan and cook for 10 minutes. While that cools, make filling.
- Beat together the cream cheese and sugar. Add lemon juice and eggs and mix until blended. Pour over crust. Drop 6 teaspoons of strawberry jam around pan and swirl with a toothpick. Cook for 40 minutes. Let cool and then refrigerate for at least 3 hours. Cut into squares and place sliced strawberry on top of each square.
making the graham cracker crust
the cheesecake layer with filling
Doesn’t that look delicious? I know what I’m bringing to every party this summer! Don’t forget to pin it so you have it saved for later. 🙂