Looking for an easy and refreshing dessert perfect for the warmer months? My friend Colleen from Souffle Bombay is back with her recipe for a super creamy & flavorful (mostly) No Bake Lemon Cheesecake Pie– which boasts a cookie crust, might I add. This beautiful dessert will be the star of the party with it’s fluffy lemony flavor that pairs beautifully with summer food!
Shortbread cookies are used for the crust, which compliments the lemon better than traditional graham crackers. The reason this is a semi-no bake recipe is because you do need to bake the crust for a short time– however the filling is no-bake. Just pop it in the fridge overnight and you are good to go. You can even place it in the freezer for an hour or two to expedite the readiness of the pie.
You can make this as a pie, a tart or as mini pie bites. They all taste delicious and the lemon flavor shines through.
Topping your creation with homemade or store-bought lemon curd (I was skeptical of store bought, but this one got rave reviews) is not only a fun burst of color, but adds additional flavor and texture as well. You can drizzle the curd, criss-cross it or smooth a full layer over-top (yum!!). Just try not to eat it all before you do!
Lemonade Cheesecake Pie with Shortbread Cookie Crust
- For Crust:
- 2 cups Shortbread cookie crumbs (I used 9 oz of Lorna Doone Shortbread Cookies and ground them in my food processor)
- 1 TBS lemon zest
- 2 TBS sugar
- 1 stick of butter, melted
- For Filling:
- 1 box instant lemon pudding (3.4 oz)
- 5 oz can of evaporated milk
- 2 - 8 oz packages of cream cheese, room temperature
- ¾ cup frozen lemonade concentrate
- 1 TBS lemon zest
- Lemon curd
- For the Crust: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium mixing bowl, combined all ingredients and whisk together until well combined.
- Press cookie crumbs into your pie dish, tart pan or individual mini tart/cheesecake pan (or whatever you may want to use for the Mini Pie Bites). Press crumbs up the side of the pan for the full pie, or just on the bottom for Mini Bites.
- Bake crust for 10-12 minutes for full sized pie or 8-9 minutes for mini pie bites.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- For the Filling: In a small mixing bowl, combined milk and pudding mix. Whisk for 2 minutes, until mixture thickens, add zest and stir to combine.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Gradually beat in lemonade concentrate. Beat in pudding mixture.
- Scrape mixture onto your cooled crust.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Drizzle or top with lemon curd after it sets and enjoy!
*recipe adapted from Great Grub Delicious Treats
I suppose you could call this a lemon pie, but when your site is known for making lemonade, LEMONADE pie it is. (wink!) Give it a try for your next party our cookout! (growing up, we called cookouts ‘BBQs’ but I’ve also heard them called ‘grillouts’. What do you call them?!)