Hello, hello! Whew– what a WEEK! Many thanks for linking and visiting and partying at my first Refresh Your Nest Friday last week. Ya’ll had some fun, fabulous, and delish projects to share. I Tweeted and Facebook-ed (um, is that a word?) a bunch of them, and also got around to all your blogs to comment on your projects. Thank you for linking up, what an honor that you took to time to share your nests with all of us!
Things are a-changing at the Lemonade nest this week. The biggest thing in our life right now is this was Noodle’s first week of preschool after our disasterous attempt last September. It has literally taken an entire year, an IEP (Individual Education Plan, for those without “special” kids), an OT, a behavior consultant, and at least 10 trips/meetings at the preschool to get her to this point:
YES! That’s a smile! In fact, she’s doing wonderfully. She hasn’t even cried yet. Granted, she’s on a modified schedule and has a behavior consultant with her for part of the time, but she truly seems to love it. When I picked her up on Tuesday she had the cutest look on her face– a PROUD smile, no tears! I melted right there on the floor.
The second big thing this week is a huge step in my plan to “decrapify” the basement (Thrifty Decor Chick coined that phrase, and truly, it’s the best). I’ve taken two mini-vanloads of clothing, toys, and baby equipment– exersaucer, jumperoo, swing– to the huge consignment sale in my town this weekend. What a process that was, but you would not believe how clean my basement is getting! And my brain. Clutter in my house also clutters my head. I’m a much happier person when things are where they belong.
It’s also that time here in the mid-atlantic states to switch out summer clothes for winter ones. As is usually the case, I’ve done it for everyone but me. Still, it’s a huge accomplishment when the old stuff is out and the new stuff in. The closets and dressers are looking mighty ready for colder weather, and all those cute new outfits are just waiting to be worn. Such a fun time! Until you wear everything until you’re sick of it, and it’s January, and freezing. But let’s not go there just yet.
That’s how I’ve refreshed my nest this week.
- gotten Noodle into her new preschool routine
- almost done “decrapifying” the basement
- washed, hung, tagged, cleaned, and hopefully sold a huge amount of baby gear
- and maybe bought a few new-to-me consignment sale items for the kiddos
- switched out our summer clothes for our fall/winter ones (BOO!)
Out of all those things, I think it’s obvious which one made me the happiest.
Sorry I don’t have a fancy craft or tutorial to share this week, but the photo above is just about the best project I could ever hope to see!
Now it’s your turn. It’s that time again… time to LINK UP your lovelies to our second Refresh Your Nest Friday. The rules are there are no rules (haha, what movie is that from?!) Anything such as a project, holiday decor, recipe, organizing idea, accomplishment, “a-ha moment”, handy tip, craft, whatever you feel refreshes your nest, works.
1. Link to the specific post that fits our theme, not just your blog’s home page.
2. Including a link back to this party at the end of your post allows others to play along or scout out inspiration for themselves. You would be even more amazing if you posted the Refresh My Nest button– I’ve even made it super easy, just grab the code below the button! NOTE: I’m working on a smaller version, no time this week but hopefully next week it’ll be ready.
3. An active linky is a happy linky. PLEASE visit one or more links that interest you so that everyone gets some comments and traffic. There’s nothing more discouraging than taking time to link up and no one visits.
Can’t wait to see how you’ve Refreshed Your Nest this week.