Hey Everyone! I hope you are enjoying your weekend. Sorry it’s been so quiet around here but truthfully I’ve been dealing with some health issues that have required some time and attention (seeing specialists, getting procedures, you know, FUN STUFF). I think everything’s going to be okay but in the meantime I’m not having much fun. There’s so much to share with you; I hope I’m feeling back to normal soon so I can get back to doing what I love.
In the meantime, here’s what’s been making me laugh/ smile/ cry this week. Enjoy!
- I’m going to keep referencing the movie Frozen until spring arrives in Philly. So… never? 😉 Enjoy this ‘honest’ Frozen trailer (contains not-safe-for-kids reference, just FYI). Want a Frozen inspired video you can show the kids? Mine loved this one!
- When my daughter was born, there was about a 100% chance she would have cerebral palsy. The level of her oxygen deprivation and vital signs after birth (a zero APGAR score after 20 minutes, seriously) pretty much ensured it. We still aren’t sure how, but that diagnosis never came. But if it had, I’d want my daughter to be just like her. Actually– even without cerebral palsy, I hope my daughter can be like her.
- All I have to say it that this One Kings Lane sale is going to be EPIC. There’s not a chance I’ll be able to afford anything from that particular event, but I’ll be window shopping for sure! (if you’re not a member of One Kings Lane, you can sign up through my affiliate link and get a $15 credit. It’s my go-to shopping spot for rugs and even furniture– and epic window shopping events.)
- I’ll let this photo essay showing photos of children and their bedrooms speak for itself; if you’re caught up in the world of DIY/ home blogging/ Pinterest envy, it’s worth a look.
- On the opposite side of that, I can’t imagine the intensity of restoring an 18th Century abandoned French chateau. Thankfully, I don’t have to imagine it– this couple is living it! And WOW, what an incredible project.
- Here’s a recipe we like from the peaced-out Everyday Food magazine that I’ve been making once a week. Light, tasty, and healthy– 3 out of 4 of us enjoy it.
- Easter is coming soon; here’s a list of my favorite Easter and spring books for young kids.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend, friends! I’m hoping to have a fun DIY to share you with tomorrow!