The weekend Summer Salad Series continues with an update on a classic fruit salad from Nicole of Confectionalism. This delicious combination of ginger, mint, and melon is sure to be refreshing on a hot summer day. A perfect party dish for your next summer soiree too! Now excuse me while I head out to get some ingredients– I could eat this all day long.
Melons, oh summer melons. I love how refreshing they are. Cantaloupe is definitely my favorite, but all the melons have a special place in my heart. This recipe is super refreshing on a hot summer day.
The melon pieces are coated in zingy ginger syrup and sprinkled with fresh mint. It’s super light, super simple, super melony, and super tasty. Best eaten on a beach, boat, or just sunbathing. Picnic fare worth bragging about.
Ginger- Mint Melon Salad
- 4 cups diced melon a varied mix of cantaloupe, honeydew, and watermelon
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 1/2 inch piece fresh ginger root
- 2 Tbsp fresh mint leaves minced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Combine the sugar, lemon juice, and water in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Add the ginger piece and boil for 1 min. Place in an airtight container and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. You can leave this ginger syrup to infuse overnight if you want a stronger ginger taste. Once the ginger simple syrup has infused, strain through a sieve to remove ginger pieces.
- Combine varied, diced melons in a large bowl.
- Pour ginger syrup over the melon.
- Add minced mint leaves and salt.
- Toss to coat the melon pieces evenly in the ginger syrup and mint.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate.
Doesn’t that look delicious? I love a new twist on an old favorite like fruit salad, and ginger/mint has to be one of the most refreshing combos around. Thanks to Nicole from Confectionalism for sharing your delicious summer salad recipe!