What is a BabbaBox, you ask?
Well, it arrives looking a little something like this:
When you open it up, you see it’s so much more!
BabbaBox is a monthly subscription service that delivers boxes based around a specific theme filled with enriching activities for kids aged 3-6. The theme for this month is Rainbows.
Inside, you’ll find a beautiful children’s book and and several interesting activities with all the materials you need including simple instructions with photos.
“But Carrie,” you ask. “Weren’t you a teacher? Why would you need a box full of lessons?”
Valid point. I was a teacher, and one of my favorite parts was lesson planning. In fact, our shelves are overflowing with books and art materials begging to be used.
You know what’s not overflowing? Time. And extra brain power to put toward lesson planning.
That’s why I said ‘yes’ when offered a chance to review the BabbaBox and offer one to my readers in a giveaway as well (with a special discount for y’all, because I love you).
Plus, I got to do things like this with my kids; things I didn’t need to plan or prep for, things that were delivered ready-to-go:
As an educator, what did I love about the BabbaBox aside from saving me tons of time– and giving that time right back to me, in the form of quality activities and bonding time with the kids?
- it incorporated scaffolding– the fancy teacher term for building knowledge bit by bit, such as reading about rainbows and adding on from there with each activity
- it used spiraling– another teacher term for coming back to a concept many times, both to build knowledge and let it sink in
- I could tailor it to match various abilities
- the activities were interesting and fun, and every single thing we needed was in the box
What would I improve about them? Not much, except Noodle’s hands did get a bit colorful from sticking on these pieces of tissue paper. It was gone by the next day. 😉
There’s two special offers, just for Making Lemonade readers:
- get 20% off your first BabbaBox with code ML20OFF
- get 33% off (that’s $20 per box!) for the first 3 months of membership with code CWK33OFF
And of course a giveaway for one BabbaBox for you, my loyal friends! BabbaBoxes make great gifts for kids, so if you don’t have a child aged 3-6 consider gifting this to someone who does– they’ll love it!
Hope you’ll enter and let your friends know about this great service! Even though my kids are attending preschool this year, it’s only for a few hours a week so a box like this would easily fill up those extra hours. What themes would you like to see from BabbaBox? Is this a service you could use?