I’m so late on reporting this because I was out of town, but through TODAY (Sunday) Kohl’s has a 15% off coupon and you can earn $10 in Kohl’s cash for every $50 you spend. I received my coupon in the mail, but today I saw someone who didn’t have a coupon and they gave her a scratch-off ticket that revealed she “won” 15% off. So if you don’t have a coupon, ask at the register if they have something for you!
I stocked up on some things for our new bathroom (fresh towels! hooray!), purchased a few Christmas gifts, and scouted out the small appliances. I got pretty good deals because I bought things on sale, plus got 15% off, plus got $20 Kohl’s Cash back to redeem next week. I plan on using the Kohl’s Cash to purchase a new toaster, as long as they have it in stock. I’m slowly making my way down my Christmas list by scouting things early and stacking coupons with sales. It doesn’t hurt to make your list early and then keep your eyes open for great deals!
While you can’t use coupons at Homegoods and they don’t really have “sales”, you can find chic home items at reasonable prices. I stopped by to get a few things and walked out with the rest of my Christmas decor. With Homegoods, you need to shop EARLY– way before the actual holiday season. I find the best stock is there months ahead of time, and as you get closer to the actual holiday the good stuff is gone and they are onto the next season. Don’t wait if you need Christmas things, go now and get the best goods!
I have found that if I see something I like but I’m not sure whether I should get it, I break my “walk away and think about it” rule and just buy it. If you can afford to have your money tied up for a few weeks, it’s a good strategy. That way you don’t regret not getting it and go back only to find what you wanted is GONE, never to return. I’m pretty good at taking it home, seeing if I like it, and returning if it isn’t perfect for us. In fact, today I bought a few different tree skirts and brought them home. I was going to try them under the actual tree in a few weeks, but once I laid them out I knew which one I wanted. It was my least favorite in the store, but at home it’s perfect.
Here’s what I got, just in case you are curious (I’ll have photos of the bins and rugs on Monday):
- tree skirt(s)– I’m going to return the rejects, I promise!
- 8 storage bins to organize the linen closet in our bathroom– I love the pattern and couldn’t believe they had 8 of them in three different sizes. It was serendipity!
- a table runner in the perfect color– on SALE! It never hurts to check the clearance section.
- bathroom rugs
- a stocking to fill and give the new owner of our beloved dog. Long story, but a great ending. Maybe I’ll have the heart to tell you about it once I finish being sad we had to give our dog away.
- I passed up a bamboo tray for the bathroom, magazine holder, and a desk set. I need a reason to come back, right?
I also plan on hitting CVS; I’ll let you know if I find any great deals!