It’s been a bit quiet around here lately for many reasons, one of which is that I’ve been traveling a bit– including scouting out the best things to see and do in Anna Maria Island, Florida. However, ahhhh I’m so excited for this, I want YOU to be able to experience it too! So several of my blogging friends and Anna Maria Island Home Rentals are GIVING AWAY an Anna Maria Island getaway! And you won’t even have to share a bunk bed with me, it’s all yours to enjoy! Read on…
This was my first trip to Anna Maria Island, and I had no idea what to expect. I must say, I was blown away by how much I loved this island from the get-go. It’s small but super friendly, and the beaches are spectacular. Plus the house… THE HOUSE…
It was beautifully decorated. Which was a big deal for us home bloggers!
I loved the little details the owners incorporated into the home’s style like these oar railings.
Hmmm… where does this ladder lead?
The owners also rent out the neighboring home (and another on the island, too). We took a peek of the pool area before the renters arrived. Also spectacular.
I went with 5 other blogging friends, and it was the perfect mix of people. Totally relaxing and fun. I shared a room with the lovely Roeshel from DIY Showoff and was hoping she’d spill her styling secrets in her sleep. Diane from In My Own Style was my flight-mate, we must have talked from the moment we took off until the moment we landed. Okay, longer than that actually. 😉
Here’s my favorite things to see and do in Anna Maria Island Florida, in no particular order:
1. Lounge by the pool. Drink Malibu with OJ and pineapple juice, preferably made by Karah from The Space Between. Swim and drift and chat and confess deep secrets. Bonus points if you can convince Kelly from Eclectically Vintage to push your float around the pool.
These Shadepops came in handy poolside:
2. Eat out at the local places, in particular at Eat Here. The wait staff was hilarious and very patient with us, our waiter Matt even busted out a freestyle rap for us to enjoy. The food was fresh and delish, we had an amazing dinner out with many (MANY!) laughs.
3. Sing karaoke with the locals at Drift In. Okay, I don’t sing but Beth from Unskinny Boppy sure does. Stand by your man, Beth!
From here on out, mark my words– every time I travel I’m going to ask the locals I meet about the best dive bar around. Then I will go there, and hopefully have as much fun as I did at the Drift In!
4. Rent a golf cart and pray for your life while you drive to dinner. This was a HOOT. And also? I WANT A GOLF CART. Can you imagine if I went through preschool car line in a golf cart?! I’d be all like, “that’s how we roll, people!!”
5. Bike to the beach. Hop off and grab coffee on the way there. RELAX.
6. Take a kayak tour of the mangroves. I’m pretty comfortable in a kayak, but having a tour guide assure you there’s no alligators where you’re going is priceless.
(thanks, Fun & More Rentals, for the rentals of the golf cart, bikes, and kayak tour too!)
7. Take a drive. Ford provided the wheels for the drive from the Tampa airport (about 1 hour and 15 minutes) and for use while there. It was handy to have a car for trips to the grocery store and such.
8. Walk out on the pier. You might spot a manatee and most certainly a pelican!
9. Eat breakfast on the canal (Sirenia cove has a beautiful dock next to a deep water canal, so lovely). Watch out for cranes spying on you.
10. Stroll or relax on the beach. This is the first time in 6 years that I’ve been on a beach sans kiddos. I read a book for an hour just to say I did it, since it’ll probably be 15 more years until I can do that again!
We did a ‘favorite things’ exchange too. We each brought 5 low-cost gifts to give the others. It was like Christmas to give and receive such sweet sentiments! I gave the girls personalized notepads from Pear Tree Greetings:
Here’s the notepads, with blog names used to protect the (not-so) innocent.
Drumroll please… AND NOW… it’s your turn!!! We’re giving away a stay on Anna Maria Island so you can experience it for yourself. Here’s what you could win, it’s BANANAS y’all!!
Prize Package includes:
• 4 Night stay at Sirenia Cove on Anna Maria Island
• 1 ~ $60.00 Gift Certificate to Eat Here Restaurant Group
• 1 ~ Free Golf Cart Rental for 4 Days from Fun and More Rentals
• Free Beach Bike Rental for 4 Days from Fun and More Rentals
• 2 ~ Paddleboard or Kayak Rentals for 4 Days from Fun and More Rentals
• Free use of Beach Chairs for 4 Days from Sirenia Cove
• 1 – Portrait by the Sea value of $100.00 from Photography by Billi
* Photos to be purchased based on selection from proofs
• 2 Free Shadepops
PLEASE BE SURE TO READ THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS IN THE WIDGET BELOW SO YOU CAN SEE WHAT’S INCLUDED AND OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION SUCH AS AVAILABLE DATES.
Enter using the Rafflecopter below:
I absolutely loved both Anna Maria Island and Sirenia Cove. It’s the perfect spot for families too! Who would you take along on this dream trip to AMI if you won? Tell me all about it below, and GOOD LUCK to all who enter!
HUGE thanks to Anna Maria Island Home Rentals, Ford Motors, Eat Here AMI, and Fun & More Rentals for the wonderful vacation! This post was not compensated however I did receive the previously mentioned services in exchange for writing about the experience.