Looking for natural, non-toxic homemade wipes to keep your home clean and disinfected without harmful chemicals? Look no further, these easy DIY cleaning wipes can be whipped up in just a few minutes and not only smell wonderful but clean like a charm, too. Infused with essential oils, they’re the perfect cleaning wipe to grab for quickly cleaning kitchens, bathrooms, and everything in between!
If you’re into natural homemade cleaning products and recipes you’ll love these DIY toilet cleaning fizzies (they’re the bomb, literally!) and this homemade carpet freshening powder to delete even the worst odors from your rugs while freshening the entire room.
I’m not gonna lie, ditching my Clorox wipes was the hardest part of my personal campaign to green my cleaning routine. But thinking about all the chemicals that could be transferred through my skin while handling them, let alone any paws/ little hands/ food that touched surfaces cleaned with them, gives me shivers. Since I typically only use ONE cleaning product for my entire home (Young Living Thieves Cleaner, seriously, it’s the best), it was time to figure out how to ditch my old, chemical filled wipes and come up with a way to make my own homemade natural cleaning wipes instead. And we’ve done it!
Now I’ll admit I still have one small container of the traditional stuff tucked into a dark corner in a closet just in case of an apocalypse (or Norovirus outbreak, which is kinda the same thing), but for daily use these homemade cleaning wipes are EVERYTHING for my home and family! Kitchen counters, sinks, bathrooms, toilets– they’re perfect for picking up messes and disinfecting surfaces in every room in your home… naturally.
Using basic ingredients (and my favorite natural all-purpose Thieves cleaner), you can whip up these wipes (say that three times fast) in minutes flat. Paper towels, an empty wipes container, and a few essential oils later and BOOM, natural cleaning wipes safe for hands and surfaces.
Here’s a video we made to show the process, and the ingredients and step-by-step is below for those who prefer a written tutorial.
How to Make Homemade Cleaning Wipes
Ingredients for Homemade Cleaning Wipes
note: this makes TWO containers of wipes unless you are using a wide container, in which case you may need to mix more cleaning solution to fully saturate both rolls of paper towels
- 1 roll of heavy-duty quality paper towels
- serrated knife
- 2 empty wipes containers wide enough to fit roll of paper towels (if you can’t find the proper size, you can roll off some paper towels until it’s the right size and reuse them later)
- 1 TB Young Living Thieves Cleaner
- 2 cups distilled water
- essential oils (optional); you can add in cleaning favorites such as lemon or purification
Directions for Homemade Cleaning Wipes
- First, cut a roll of paper towels in half and brush off any ‘dust’ from the cutting process.
- Next, place half the roll into each container.
- Mix the distilled water with the Thieves cleaner, add in a few drops of essential oil for a boost, and stir.
- Pour the mixture into the containers, soaking the paper towels completely as you go, and cover with the lid. Shake the containers a few times to fully soak the paper towels.
- Let sit for 15-20 minutes until completely saturated, and remove the lid. Pull out the inner cardboard tube. Then, pull the paper towels through the inner part of the roll and poke through the hole in the lid. You’re ready to clean!
Using natural cleaners makes my home smell and feel fresh without the worry of the impact of harmful chemicals on my family. It didn’t happen overnight, but taking baby steps towards replacing traditional cleaners has been incredibly rewarding.
If you’re ready to try these amazing oils for yourself, hop on over to read why I’m head-over-heels about this kit which also contains two packets of Thieves Cleaner so you can give it a try for yourself. And because I’m passionate about helping others, I’m offering $25 back for anyone who gets a Young Living Premium Starter kit along with tons of other goodies and exclusives to help you get started and support you on your journey.
These DIY wipes are a new household cleaning favorite, and even my kids love to make and use them. And that, my friends, is WINNING!
PS- LOOKING TO CLEAN YOUR HOME WITH MORE NATURAL INGREDIENTS? CLICK THE IMAGE BELOW TO GET A FREE EBOOK FOR CLEANING YOUR HOME WITH VINEGAR: