‘Tis the season for turkey recipes! I’m a proponent of ‘simpler is better’ when preparing for the holidays, so this recipe for orange glazed turkey breast is perfect for anything from an easy weeknight dinner to serving as the main dish at a holiday meal! Why fret over a whole turkey when the breast alone is easier and just as tasty? This recipe has a delicious orange flavor plus you can turn it up with a pinch of cayenne pepper and orange zest. This is putting me in the mood for Thanksgiving for sure!
We’re planning to have Thanksgiving on the Outer Banks this year where kitchen supplies are limited, so this is a great way to please the crowds with barely any work (especially not knowing if the rental house has all those annoying one-off utensils we would need: turkey baster, roasting pan, carving knife, twine, gravy separator…)
Enough of that, let’s get right to the recipe!
- 3 Turkey breasts
- 1½ cups of fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 Orange, peeled
- ⅛ cup spicy mustard
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix orange juice, mustard, salt, and pepper together in a medium bowl.
- Brush mixture over turkey breasts.
- Place in baking dish and cover with foil.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until done.
- Remove from oven and pour any remaining mixture back on top of the turkey breasts.
- Transfer to a serving dish.
- Cut orange lengthwise and use to garnish the dish.
- Serve and enjoy!
Heck, I might make it again tomorrow night. It’s THAT easy!
Obviously you can use a good quality orange juice instead of fresh, but if you can, freshly squeezed takes it over the top.
The only tools you need to make this are ones you probably have on hand already, but just in case here’s a few favorites that we love:
What are your holiday plans? And do they include Orange Glazed Turkey by any chance? 😉