Hey Lovelies! So. The day after I decided to do a 31 Days series, I found out I was selected for a campaign to fly out to California and drive from San Francisco to Carmel (with stops in Monterrey and Pebble Beach) and back. This has been my dream, literally, for years and I simply could not resist. I may or may not have cried when I got the email invitation. 😉 Traveling out to the west coast on the heels of our trip last week to Boston to visit family has made life busy, especially while blogging each day!
That being said, I don’t want to quit the 31 Days series just when we’re getting revved up. But you can see where time to sit down and write is limited. Such is life.
With that in mind, instead of sharing ideas this weekend with you I’m going to throw out a challenge. I’d love if you’d take the weekend to implement ONE 15 minute decorating idea. Here’s a few ways to do that:
- find ideas from the series so far and choose one you like
- check out the For Your Home gallery at the top of this page (most of my DIY ideas are super easy to do!)
- browse Pinterest for an idea just as long as you promise to actually go and do it– maybe set a timer so you don’t browse for longer than 15 minutes
- find an area of your home you want to change, and just do it!
- go for a walk outside, stroll and view window displays, let your mind wander– all of these offer chances to soak up inspiration
Personally, I love using candles to inspire me. For some reason sitting by a candle flame even while doing something mundane makes my mind happy. There’s so many great scents out there right now, grab a pumpkin spice or harvest candle and just breathe and dream– even if it’s only for 15 minutes.
Okay, now I’m off to snuggle my babies and finish packing. I’d love if you’d follow along with me on Instagram, especially if soaking up the California coastline has been a dream of yours as well. Did I mention I’ll get a behind-the-scenes tour of the Monterrey Aquarium? Yippee!
As for the challenge, report back here over the weekend and let me know how you did and share on Instagram too using the #15minutedecorating hashtag and tagging me (@makinglemonade). I’m off to the airport, wish me luck, and happy EASY 15 minute decorating!