Fall is the season for Pumpkin Spice EVERYTHING, and this delicious Pull-Apart Pumpkin Spice Bread recipe will be a huge hit with friends and family! It’s the perfect fall party, football watching, Friday night appetizer, Sunday morning brunch recipe that will delight a crowd. Plus, our secret to making this pull-apart bread super easy is using canned biscuit dough which makes it look fancy despite being such a cinch!
I’ve got a treat for all you Pumpkin Spice lovers today! This delicious pull-apart bread features an easy hack by using canned biscuit dough, and for those of you who complain that pumpkin spice doesn’t usually contain any actual pumpkin can relax– this recipe has real pumpkin to satisfy your fall savory cravings!
This recipe is versatile and can be customized to your specific tastes. If you just like pumpkin spice and not the actual pumpkin, you can leave that ingredient out. Don’t like too much sweet? Skip the glaze. Want to add even more cinnamon flavor? Or use cinnamon bun dough for an insane amount of fall spicy goodness.
We’ve adapted this recipe from the Pillsbury website to include a few tweaks (not a sponsored post, we just love canned biscuit dough hacks!)
To make it easy, we’ve created a video to show you how to make this recipe with the actual printed recipe below. Enjoy!
How to Make Pumpkin Spice Pull-Apart Bread
Pumpkin Spice Pull-Apart Bread Recipe
Easy & Delicious Pull-Apart Pumpkin Spice Bread
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 can refrigerated biscuits 8 biscuits
- 2 Tbsp butter melted
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin pie mix
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 9x5-inch bread pan with cooking spray. In small bowl, mix sugar and 1 teaspoon of the pumpkin pie spice until combined.
- Separate dough into 8 biscuits, and then separate each biscuit in half. This will give you a total of 16 pieces.
- Brush the top of each piece with melted butter, then spread a little pumpkin pie mix on top of each (just a little less than 1TB, or to taste.) Top each with a sprinkle of spice-sugar mixture.
- Place biscuit pieces in stacks of 4 biscuits each, for a total of 4 stacks.
- Place each stack on it's side in the pan until all 4 stacks are inside, making sure that pieces topped with the filling aren't touching the ends of the loaf pan.
- Bake 40-45 minutes, until it's golden brown and thoroughly cooked through.
- Cool for 10 minutes, then turn pan upside down and eject the loaf onto a serving plate.
- In small bowl, make the glaze by mixing the powdered sugar, milk, vanilla and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice. If glaze is too thick, add a little more milk until desired consistency. Drizzle glaze over the Pumpkin Spice Bread and serve warm.
The trickiest part is understanding how to stack the layers, but we’ve made it easy… Here’s how the layers looked when placed in the loaf pan:
Doesn’t this put you in the mood for cozy sweaters, chilly weather and a long walk among crisp leaves? It’s like the embodiment of fall in a dish!
Is that pumpkin-y enough for you? We hope you love this taste of fall as much as we do! Let me know if you make it, and of course, tag me on Instagram if you share it!
We’ve love if you’d SHARE this recipe on Facebook or by pinning to Pinterest!