Here’s one of my favorite fast and easy recipes for busy weeknights that can also impress a table full of guests at a dinner party. Plus, it’s made in the oven so you can make it all year long. But just because these aren’t on the grill doesn’t mean they don’t scream ‘SUMMER’… I mean, check out these sweet little parcels of deliciousness!
I was a halibut newbie but now I’m hooked (pardon the pun). Fresh halibut is in season so get it while you can! But don’t stress if you can’t find it or if it’s too pricey. This is a dish you can make with most white fish such as cod, tilapia, and haddock. I’m currently on a dairy-free diet so I’ve made this with coconut spread instead of butter and it’s still tasty. So here you go– my go-to healthy recipe for busy weeknights. Enjoy!
Halibut Parcels with Lemon & Dill
- 4 fillets halibut or another firm white fish 6 oz. each
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 8 slices lemon
- 1 Tbsp butter or coconut spread, if going dairy free-- quartered
- 4 tsp fresh dill
- parchment paper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut 4 squares of parchment paper, about 15 inches each. Fold each in half, then unfold. Place fish near crease on open parchment paper. Sprinkle each with salt & pepper; top with lemon pieces, butter, and dill.
- Fold up sides of parchment paper and seal edges by using narrow folds. Place packets on a cookie sheet in the oven.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the packets are puffy and slightly browned. Remove from oven, place on plates, and open packets carefully. Voila! Your own portion of delicious halibut.