Why another blog? I already have a private blog for friends and family to stay updated on our baby (who has special medical needs– see my profile) and a blog for the charity we’ve set up in honor of their support (www.ourabigail.blogspot.com), so why another one? Don’t I have enough to do?
That’s EXACTLY why I have another one. I feel the need to be held accountable for the things on my to-do list. If I’m going to say it, I need to DO it, so hopefully this will help me practice what I preach. I’ve also learned a lot this year, which should have been the happiest but was the hardest. I’ve attempted to get through it all with style and grace, but it was more like on a wing and a prayer! And LOTS of help!
Here are the major areas I’m going to focus on, with help from you, of course:
- being thrifty and environmentally sound (yes, the two CAN co-exist!)
- channeling my inner recessionista– how do you maintain style on a budget?
- tackling my house to-do list, and blogging about my misadventures in DIY
- staying organized to maximize my time (and devote more to the little one)
- cooking healthy meals on a budget, and finding the time to do so
Alright, here we go… wish me luck!