Best Gifts for Kids + Teens
This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. Read my full disclosure policy here.
From educational to make-believe, these are the hottest and best gifts for kids and teens that you can buy this year. You’re sure to find something creative that they’ll love in this gift idea list!
Need more gift ideas? You’ll find them in our best gift ideas for women and creative gifts for men gift guides.
Note: to make finding the perfect gift easy, this gift guide is split into two parts. First, check out these gift ideas for kids. They are placed into smaller categories, so you’ll be able to get them just what they want. Further below are the gifts for teens and older kids, hand-picked by my own tween and teen!
Best Gifts for Kids
It can be hard to know what to gift kids with—there are just so many options out there! However, I’ve done the heavy lifting for you and scoured through hundreds of options to come up with 25 surefire hits every child will love.
Outdoor Gifts for Kids
Encourage outdoor play and activities away from screens with these hot gifts. From games you can play as a family to larger playhouses perfect for young kids, you’ll find something amazing in this list for the child in your life. Plus, outdoor play encourages fresh air and exercise which is key in a screen-filled world.
- Slackers NinjaLine 36′ Intro Kit
- Razor Hovertrax Prizma Hoverboard
- Electric Off-Road Truck for Kids
- KidKraft Forestview II Wooden Outdoor Playhouse
- Crocs Unisex-Child Rain Boot
- B3 Bean Bag Bucketz
- Hauck Hurricane Pedal Go Kart with Durable Steel Tube Frame
Toys always make the perfect Christmas gifts for kids. But how do you possibly narrow it down when there are so many out there?
This list is made of a wide variety of different ideas that encourage creative play. Click through to each to see details, and you’ll find something that reminds you of the kiddos in your life.
When in doubt, Squishmallows are always a great gift that kids love and the Axolotyl is an adorable choice. Or let them get creative with Art and Craft kits like this one.
From popular characters to imaginative play, these are the best gifts for kids of all ages.
- Squishmallow 16″ Axolotl Salamander Plush Toy
- Arts and Crafts Vault
- ORIAN Princess Castle Playhouse Tent
- FUN LITTLE TOYS Kids Play Tent
- Imaginext Pirate Ship Playset
- Little Live Pets
- Bakugan Genesis Collection Pack
- Thomas & Friends Bridge Lift Thomas & Skiff Motorized Train Set
- Play-Doh Kitchen Creations Deluxe Dinner Playset
Educational Gifts for Kids
Educational gifts don’t have to be boring. The gift ideas in this list are so much fun that kids won’t even know they are learning.
In fact, one of the best ways for kids to learn is to engage in imaginative play. Spark their curiosity and imagination with these fun learning gifts.
- NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC Glowing Marble Run
- Space World Play Tent-Kids Galaxy Dome Tent Playhouse
- NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC Break Open 10 Premium Geodes
- 31Pcs Doctor Kit for Kids
- Tovla Jr. Kids Cooking and Baking Gift Set with Storage Case
Techy Gifts for Kids
Just like adults, kids love technology. Let’s be honest: the younger generations might even love techy gifts more than us adults. If you have a kiddo that enjoys electronics, then these gifts should be on your radar.
- Pac-Man Connect and Play
- Singing Machine SML652BK HDMI Groove Mini Portable Karaoke System
- Huaker Kids Walkie Talkies
Best Gifts for Teens
As kids get older, it can be harder to shop for teens as they tend to have *specific* preferences. While you can never go wrong with a gift card or cash, it’s often more fun to give a wrapped gift instead. But, if you are like most people, you may be stumped as to what to actually buy. Never fear – here are some gifts teens will love.
Techy Teen Gifts
There’s no denying it….teens love technology. These are the most popular tech gifts that teens are going to love this year. You are practically guaranteed to land a spot on their nice list when you gift one of these!
If there’s one gift BOTH my kids AND all their friends adore, it’s the Oculus Quest. Yes, it’s pricey. But they use it almost everyday and it includes a lot of movement which is good exercise (at least that’s what I tell myself, ha!)
No matter what their aesthetic is, all teens love snuggling up in a cozy blanket. If you aren’t sure what to gift a teenager, you can’t go wrong with these soft blankets. No lie– my son uses his Cozy every morning before school and we practically have to wrestle him out of it.
- Oversized Light Microfiber Wearable Blanket
- Cozy Knit Throw Blanket (pink)
- Cozy Knit Throw Blanket (tan)
Beauty Gifts for Teens
This is also the time of life when teens start becoming more interested in their appearance. Get the beauty-lover one of these gifts this year.
- Maracuja Juicy Lip Balm
- Shark HD430 FlexStyle Air Drying & Styling System
- Gleaming Primrose Mirror
- Delicate Monogram Necklace
- Liberty Sling Bag
If the teens you know love the outdoors, buy them one of these gift ideas. I tend to favor these gifts because I always want to do my part to encourage teens in my life to get off of screens and into nature. 😉
Teen Fashion Gifts
Got a fashion-savvy teen in your life? From the best shoes and sneakers to hoodies or sunglasses, these fashion gifts are teen-approved and perfect for both boys and girls (and yes, it’s totally okay to add some of these items to your own wishlist too… I have my eye on those Veja sneakers!)
- Converse Chuck Taylor® All Star® High Top Platform Sneaker
- Vans Old Skool Sneaker
- Carhartt Work In Progress Watch Hat
- Herschel Supply Co. Strand Duffle Bag
- BP. 53mm Round Sunglasses
- Scuba Oversized Half-Zip Hoodie
- UGG® Ultra Mini Classic Boot
- Everywhere Belt Bag
- Veja V-10 Sneakers
There you have it: the absolute best gifts for kids and teens! Which one(s) will you be adding to your shopping list?