Amazon Prime Day is July 12-13, 2022. Get the details on this popular annual sale, along with suggestions for saving money on things you will actually need, use and love.
Forget Black Fridays, Cyber Mondays and all of the other sale days that come before Prime Day. The future of e-commerce is Prime Day, and Amazon just keeps making it better. Here’s exactly what you can expect, and which deals are truly the best during this once-a-year sale.
What is Amazon Prime Day?
Prime Day is a two day sale event that rivals Black Friday and Cyber Monday for deep discounts. There’s two types of deals: Lighting Deals, which are for a limited time (or quantity), and regular deals which run the full two days. You must be a Prime Member to get the deals; sign up here and get 30 days for free!
When is Amazon Prime Day?
Amazon Prime Day starts at 3AM EST (midnight PST) and ends on July 12-13, 2022.
Do you need to be a Prime member to get Prime Day deals?
In short, yes. Prime Day deals are only for members of Amazon Prime as a perk of being a member. If you’re a Prime member, you’ll be able to take advantage of Lightning Deals, Deals of the Day, and Amazon device discounts during the event.
A Prime membership costs $15/month, or $139/year. In addition to all the Prime Day benefits, you’ll also get:
- free two-day shipping on most items with no minimum purchase
- free one-day shipping on over 15 million items with no minimum purchase
- Prime music
- Prime Video Streaming
- Prime Gaming
- Save on Prescriptions (search, compare and save up to 80% on prescriptions at over 60,000 pharmacies)
- Prime Discounts at Whole Foods
Plus many more benefits, which can be found here.
If you’re not a Prime member and don’t plan to become one, you can still take advantage of the deals by shopping at competing retailers. Walmart, Best Buy, Target, and Wayfair often drop prices and offer deep discounts during Prime Day to compete. You’ll lose out on the ‘all in one’ shopping platform on Amazon, but keep your eyes on your favorite large retailers for competing sales and offers on your shopping wish list.
These lovely outdoor curtains on our porch? They’re from Amazon!
How to Get the Best Deals on Prime Day
Subscribe to Prime: the free 2-day shipping alone is worth it!
Snag Bonus Credits: earn credits on certain Prime purchases.
Keep your eye on the Lightning Deals. They go quickly!
Get Your Shopping List Ready: What do you need? What will make your life easier? Which gifts can you stock up on now to reduce the amount you’ll spend around the holidays? What do you buy regularly that you can get on sale during Prime Day? Add these items to a list or to your cart in advance and double check to make sure they’re on sale before purchasing.
The Best Prime Day Deals
While we don’t know the exact deals yet, here are some products that are usually discounted big time on Prime Day:
Wireless Earbuds (like AirPods)
What Are The Best Finds on Amazon?
- Apple Watch: makes a great gift, or treat yo’self
- If you’ve wanted to get an Instant Pot or Air Fryer, now’s the time to get a big discount
- Same goes for higher priced vacuums (including robotic vacuums)
- There’s no denying that devices like the Echo Show, Echo Dot, and Kindle E-Readers sure do streamline our home life and make things easier
- Airpods are a total gamechanger. I even converted my husband once he tried mine.
- Organization and storage: from bins to baskets to storage ideas, oh my!
- My FAVORITE kitchen storage piece is on sale for 27% off!
We keep an Echo in the kitchen to check weather, get recipes, and easily add items to our shopping list... it’s hidden in that cute basket on the kitchen counter.
Check Out Our Helpful Amazon Shopping Guides
I’m not someone who will ever encourage over-consumption; however, I do love to save money on items you need, use and love. Hopefully you found this guide helpful for saving money on items you’ll enjoy for a long time.
Do you plan to shop on Prime Day? What’s on your ‘wish list’ this year? Share your favorite finds in the comments!