We’ve rounded up our top favorites for the month of May! Everything from favorite reads to cool finds to bestsellers on the blog, here’s what’s heating up the lovely month of May.
The weather is just starting to get hot, and it’s fun time to think about the summer. It’s also quite a busy time for parents as the school year winds down and we transition to summer mode. With that in mind, here’s what’s happening this month personally, professionally, and everything that got me through in between.
Patio and Landscaping Updates
Remember these fun patio ideas I shared a few months ago? When I put our deposit down in December I never dreamed it would take 5 months for all our hardscaping supplies to arrive, but my contractor was very patient with all my questions and continued requests for updates and it was a VERY HAPPY DAY when they started work on our big landscaping project.
It’s been a joy watching it all come together and finally getting garden beds and hardscaping installed. We’re still in the ‘messy middle’ of the project because the rain has added more delays this week, but here’s a teeny sneak peek of the patio before I’ve had the chance to add decor and plants to the space:
There’s so much more to share once the garden beds are installed and the rest of the hardscaping finished, so I’ll spill all the details in a full post soon.
There’s been so much happening behind the scenes, and while most of it is very boring it’s also vital for the business and blog to run smoothly. One exciting thing to share is we have a new site design! We’ve switched to a site framework that should work faster and be easier to navigate so you can find what you need quickly and easily, which is kinda my thing.
The new site is now LIVE but I’m continuing to makes changes and tweaks, and I’d love to hear your thoughts as we work to make Making Lemonade the best resource to help you streamline your home and life.
My Top 3 most loved things in May:
- Acupressure Mat: As you may know, I suffer from autoimmune disease that leaves me in chronic pain. This acupressure mat has been a wonderful addition to my nightly routine! It does take some acclimation (you work up to using it by increasing the amount of time, hardness of the surface, and starting with a light layer between you and the mat) but I’m obsessed. I can now lay on it for 45 minutes and read or even sleep. I’m not sure exactly how it works, but this acupressure mat definitely provides relief to me even on my worst days.
- Pet Hair Remover: We have a beloved cat that loves to shed and then sleep all over our furniture, which is not ideal when you have two family members with severe allergies. Thank goodness I found this pet hair remover that works like a charm on rugs and cushions! It’s been especially helpful for using before we have guests hang out on our porch, which is our cats other favorite place to sleep and shed. It doesn’t use sticky paper like traditional rollers so it’s more earth friendly, and works better than ANYTHING I’ve previously tried.
- Dolce Vita Slides: These heeled sandals are PERFECT for pairing with summer dresses, pants, shorts… basically everything. They’re chic and comfortable which is a rare combination. I have plantar fasciitis thanks to my autoimmune issues, and when I’m not wearing my Hokas or Oofos these are the shoe I wear for special occasions and date nights.
May’s Best Blog Posts
- Our 2022 Summer Planner is here! A set of printables to help you plan your summer so it feels the way you’ve always wanted.
- This printable Vacation Home Checklist will streamlined your vacation planning so you don’t forget anything important when renting a home.
- Want to find more space in your home? This Summer Decluttering Checklist will help you focus on areas that matter most this season to save time, space and money.
- Our Mother’s Day gift guide isn’t just for Mother’s Day… it’s a great place to find gift ideas for women for any occasion.
- Ready to start decluttering? This Decluttering 101 guide is full of great decluttering tips, printables, and ideas for getting rid of clutter.
These are selling like hotcakes! Here’s what Making Lemonade readers are loving this month:
There’s so many fantastic books out there and bundles of summer reading guides hitting the interwebs right now. I’ve been reading up a storm, but I can’t say any of my May reads stood out as ‘favorites.’ With that being said, I’ve added lots of new titles to my Amazon Book List alongside some previous favorites. So if you’re looking for your next read, check out the list and you’re sure to find something you love if you devour mysteries, historical fiction, and well-crafted fiction like I do.
One Last Thought…
I saw this sleeping nook and it made my heart skip a beat! I’d love to wake up here. What a fun idea for an AirBnb or small room makeover.
What have been your favorite things in May?