The seasons are changing and so is your house! This free printable fall decluttering checklist covers everything you need to organize for the shift from warm to cozy.
If you’re just getting started with decluttering, check out our KonMari decluttering checklist first. And if you’re here at a different time of year, check out our winter or spring checklist to freshen up your home.
Do you declutter in the fall? Taking the time to go through the house each season is well worth the time. Rather than leaving everything to spring cleaning and turning it into a weekend affair, you can spend a couple of hours every few months.
A few areas of the house are best decluttered in the fall, such as the unused summer items and everything garden-related. I also like to prep the house for the holidays by decluttering areas that tend to pile up during the winter. This fall decluttering checklist will turn your house, and your overwhelm, around in no time.
Fall Decluttering Tips
Before you work through the fall decluttering checklist, shift your mindset to get in the right space for cleaning and organizing the home. Here are some top tips for fall (or any season!):
- Ask yourself whether or not it sparks joy. Marie Kondo made this method famous, where she suggests you hold onto each item and ask if it sparks joy. If the answer is no, toss it!
- Don’t hold onto gifts just because. It’s okay to get rid of something someone has gifted you, and you shouldn’t feel guilty for donating it. The love and meaning behind the gift are still there.
- Only hold onto the best items. If you have a collection of, say, mismatched wine glasses, only keep your favorites. All of them don’t need to stick around. Only keep the ones that make your heart sing!
- For every item that enters the home, get rid of one item. This helps to ensure clutter doesn’t build up, and you’re consistently thinking about what matters the most.
- Have a donation box on hand at all times. Every time you don’t like an item or consider giving it away, toss it in the box, so you don’t forget about it.
- Put away everything from the summer. Packing away items such as seasonal clothes or décor allows the next season enough space in the limelight.
What To Declutter In The Fall
Fall is the best time of year to go through summer items. They’re already all out, you know what you have, and you know what you didn’t use! Other great items to go through include school supplies and anything garden, shed, or garage related. Do it now before cold weather sets in and you’ll thank yourself later.
Here are some items to get you started:
- outdoor garden tools and shed items
- outdoor furniture and décor
- summer toys and entertainment
- summer clothes, jackets, and shoes
- school supplies
- food and pantry items
- seasonal decorations
How to Print the Free Fall Decluttering Checklist
Simply click the box below, enter your email address, and it will be sent right to your inbox for to you download and print:
Once you print the fall decluttering checklist, it’s so easy to go through everything in your home. A quick afternoon spent decluttering will make such a huge impact on your space. And it won’t be just the house! When the house is clean and tidy, your mind will also feel at ease and stress-free.
Want to declutter and organize for the other seasons? Check out these helpful posts with tips and printables:
- Free Printable Spring Decluttering Checklist
- Free Printable Winter Decluttering Checklist
- Declutter Your Entire Home With this Printable KonMari Checklist